OK, I know, it’s a bit of a silly question because everyone has different needs, but these are mine:
- 1 month rolling contract — I don’t want to be stuck with the contract for 12 months
- Keep my number — I rummaged through the boxes in a BTCellnet shop years ago to get my number and I’m going to keep it
- Unlimited internet — Well, a fair usage of at least 1GB, and I don’t want to get charged if I go over, I just want a warning
- Some free minutes — To all networks of course
- Some free texts
- £25 per month or less
So far, the best I’ve found is the solo-20 plan at T-Mobile:
- 1 month rolling contract
- Keep my number
- Unlimited internet — Fair usage of 1GB
- 600 minutes to all networks
- Unlimited texts
- £20 per month
If you think you’ve found a better plan that meets my minimum requirements, or this deal is no longer available, add a comment and I’ll update this post.
Update December 2012: This solo-20 plan is no longer available. This was pointed out to me by a commenter linking to http://www.comparisim.co.uk/. I thought, oh great, another spammer (like many of the comments) but the site actually looks pretty good. I also recommend http://www.billmonitor.com/. Personally I’m on a normal contract now (this post is old) but please post any good deals in the comments for others to find.