UPDATE/Short answer: Use the USB extension lead that came with the keyboard! It has better contacts.
Does anyone else ever have problems with this combination? They keyboard just goes dead.
I use the monitor’s USB hub to connect my keyboard and mouse. I then connect the hub to either my macbook or my linux pc and toggle the video inputs. Sometimes the keyboard just dies. When it’s in the broken state the following things are true:
- The keyboard doesn’t work for the macbook or the linux box.
- The keyboard does work for the macbook and the linux machine when connected directly to those devices.
- Restarting the screen or computers has no effect.
- Other USB devices work fine when connected to that port.
- The keyboard only works when connected to the monitor if I use the furthest port to the right (see photo). What’s so special about that port?